Food & Financial Assistance

Food Assistance:

  • Clients may request Food Assistance once every 30 days
  • Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM 

Financial Assistance:

  • 1st and 3rd Wednesdays, 2:00 PM to 3:30PM
  • Residence. You must live in Carroll County.
  • Documents. You must have a current id card with your photo and address. You must bring a document showing your income from your employer, the Department of Labor, the Housing Authority, or Social Security.
  • Time Rules. We will only assist a family one time. If you have applied before and been denied, you must wait at least one year before applying again.
  • Utilities Covered. We provide assistance with current electric, natural gas, propane and water bills. We do not assist with telephone or cable bills, with deposits, or with bills after service has been discontinued.
  • Utility Bill. You must bring your current bill showing your name (or your spouse’s), the balance and your address. Carroll EMC Prepay customers must bring the Prepay Card with the name and account number.
  • Housing Documents. You must bring a lease/mortgage agreement and a letter showing the name, address, and telephone of the landlord or lender, plus the monthly rental amount and how much you owe. We do not assist with motel or lodge bills.

Requests for financial assistance must be made in person by the individual(s) residing at the address and whose name appears on the lease, rental agreement, and/or utility billing statement. Identification is required. All financial assistance payments will be mailed directly to the landlord, rental company, and/or utility company.

Assistance will be provided to households. Households are defined as all individuals residing at the address provided by the registrant on the day assistance is requested.




Comments are closed.